Saturday, July 9, 2016

Coast to Coast Walk

The Coast to Coast walk is a 190 mile route from St. Bees on England’s west coast to Robin Hood’s Bay on England’s east coast. The walk passes through three of England’s best national parks: Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, and North York Moors.

For the second leg of this summer’s walk, I’ll join the Coast to Coast path at mile 38 in Grasmere. Although I’ll miss the first 38 miles, I’ll be walking through much of that area (and more) when I return to the Lake District in a few weeks.

I previously walked the Coast to Coast in 1999 -- my first long distance walk, and my first walk in the U.K. I enjoyed it so much that I have returned to the U.K. several times. As of now, I have walked more than 2,500 miles in England, Scotland and Wales, and if all goes well, by the end of the summer the total will exceed 3,000. I can’t say I’ve enjoyed every mile as much as I enjoyed the Coast to Coast, but I’ve enjoyed enough miles to keep on returning. 

1 comment:

  1. After so many miles on your feet don't you have to rotate them, like tires on your car?!

    ReplyDelete