Friday, July 22, 2016

Day 22 -- Robin Hood's Bay to Whitby, 6 miles

A short walk along the bluffs above the North Sea is a delightful way to spend the day. It was diminished only by the weight of my pack, 10 or 12 pounds more than I’ve been carrying because there is no baggage transfer service for the remainder of the walk.

The views were outstanding. The day was only slightly warm, made agreeable by a pleasant sea breeze. Rain the past week has brought wildflowers to full bloom.

I met many day walkers – far too many to photograph or report on. All were headed in the opposite direction. If any walkers had been headed in my direction, they would have easily passed me, given the weight of my pack.

Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I’ll stop writing and share the scenery.

Robin Hood's Bay from north

Looking north on Cleveland Way

Looking North



Former Lighthouse at Whitby Bay (now a holiday rental)

Hundreds of nesting sea gulls (enlarge for better view)

Whitby Abbey

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pics, yeah!...Those seagulls sure are messy!

    ReplyDelete